Monday, March 07, 2005

Spittin Truth and that hurts

Read this.

Those are Jesus' words. Does this sound like the Jesus that most churches preach about? Does this sound like a watered down message? Did Jesus just say Hell? Did he say that these teachers had the ability to shut heaven in people's faces? Did he call someone twice the son of Hell? He said that we shouldn't call people 'father' here on Earth. There are so many things in this chapter. Just blows me away.

Why are we so afraid to speak the truth. It's much easier to say things behind someone's back. Wouldn't you agree? Or you could justify it and say, "Well they probably wouldn't listen anyway." Or we could say, "I'm sure they have heard it before."

As I was driving in this morning, I was thinking about the things that cause me to NOT speak truth when I know I ought to. Pride. Shame. Fear. Why do these things grip us? Gosh I hope I die to those things soon.

I look at all my friends and realize that I am almost always encouraged by them. That's the easy part. The part that is often tough is to challenge our brothers and sisters. I write this to give all my friends full permission to challenge me in all aspects of my life. Iron sharpens Iron. We live our lives like butter knives instead, not cutting much.

On a less serious note, some blogs have started calling people out from high school actions. Uhh Umm. I am just going to say that I have an arsenal of things to talk about :). I love all of you.

No comments: