Saturday, March 05, 2005

I'm a wanderer

Always on the go! I really think I'm trying to soak up my single life. It seems like every weekend, we have been somewhere! One day I guess I'll have a boo and the random travels on the weekend won't be so easy.

I went up to Rock Hill for an FCA FUNdraiser Banquet. Tommy Bowden was the speaker. I have to be honest. I am very critical of speakers. I heard Coach Bowden speak years ago; he was mediocre. I considered him a football coach who got to speak places. Thursday night was quite different. I'll echo Moody and say that he was incredible. He quoted more scripture than most preachers do. The night was all about the fundamentals of knowing Christ. He went through proofing the Bible to knowing Jesus personally. Coach Bowden has been reading his Word. I was encouraged by hearing him! And a lot of money was raised for FCA, which is a great thing.

The Winthrop crew is fun. They have always been a source of great encouragement to me through the years. I hope I have to them also. Looking through my phone today, I have a timer on it. I used to keep up with the time of all my phone calls, I would have single one person calls for hours! My phone bills were hilarious, I would sort them. Well all that to say, that I looked today, since last year, I have talked over 4 days on the telephone. That's 4 times 24 hours! Thinking about all that time and wondering how much of that time was spent talking about life and how much was fluff. Life and death are in the power of the tongue, those who love it, eat it's fruit. (Proverbs 18:21). Life. MmMmmmm.

New Pictures Here!

A 6 year old at the Y talking about girls!

No comments: