Sunday, July 06, 2008

It's okay to make mistakes

I right a lot about choices because it seems we are faced with things everyday.  At least one time per week, you will get a call from a friend or you yourself will need to make a big decision.  From the food you eat, to the place they live.  The cute girl this morning in church quote this from Acts 17
 24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

It can be such a struggle to make decisions and for some reason I have always thought I've been good at them.  I find myself always 2nd guessing myself, mainly in the past two years.  It's not like I really "worry" about it, but I do find myself re-visiting the same things many times and wondering if I really did the right thing.  It's tough to decide when trusting in God and you doing some action on your part is needed. 

I just don't like making bad choices and I know it's pride because you have to say, "you know what, I did the wrong thing."  I know God's grace will cover SO many things, but it still makes you think.  Recently I prayed through something and felt I was supposed to do one thing, God sent me so many messages that pushed me to act.  Later, I realize what the messages were for.  They were to teach me something, but I really wasn't supposed to act on them, I was just supposed to listen and make notes.  Oh well. :)  Maybe God allowed for me to make a dumb choice to humble me and teach me something else.  Either way, I know the truth now and can move on.

I think God sends all sorts of people into our lives to speak something different to us.  People are great messengers. 




1 comment:

Chris Moody said...

Leave it to JT to remember the good book by thinking about a cute girl!