Friday, December 14, 2007

Interesting Days in Amsterdam

So I have learned that Amsterdam has many more bikes than I thought. EVERYONE rides a bike, it doesn't matter who you are, how much money, you ride a bike over here at some point.

The funny thing is, all of the bikes are OLD SCHOOL. If you have a mountain bike, they say it will get stolen, I might have said that already, but I still think it's cool.

We went to an open market today and bought some food. I had a piece of raw herring, so good. It was a bit different to just eat a raw fish, but it was really good. We walked on the beach for a little while and yes, it is FREEZING here.

I am staying at a friend of my sister's tonight. She was super nice and let us live at her apartment while she is in Thailand. It is right on the canals in Amsterdam, so out my window I have boats etc, so cool.

Another cool thing is how cheap wine is over here. You can get a really good bottle of wine for about 3 Euros. We had some of the best cheese today too, mmmmmmm, I might get fatter.

No comments: