Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Dear Nice Samsung Employee

Well I must be the first to admit. Something, could possibly be wrong with me. Let me explain. I have been working in the Northeast for going on two weeks. I was originally scheduled for a few days, but ended up staying to make sure everything was completed. Well about day 2 or 3, my Samsung A727 decided to restart, then, well, it never started back up. I am a cell phone guy. I use my cell phone sometimes more than you could possibly imagine. For work, I talk on it all day. For personal, I talk on it a lot. When you travel, it's really the only way to stay in touch with friends and feel like you are home. The bad thing about my cell phone dying was that 1/2 my numbers are now gone. Only 1/2 because Att&t uses SIM CARDS, praise Jesus. Verizon does not do this, so if you drop your cell phone in the toilet, for the most part, you are done. With Att&t, you can pull the SIM out and use it in another phone. Well my good news is, I have so many friends in the phone that the SIM would not hold all of them, so 1/2 were on the phone. I also had all my pictures from Europe,texts, and videos from so many places. So here is what I did.

I called Samsung and they tell me the phone is still under warranty. They send me a shipping label and ask for me to send the phone in for repair. This is the part I am somewhat amused and ashamed at myself. Well, I REALLY REALLY want the data out of that phone, well. So, um, I bought a card, and wrote the Samsung repair person in Plano, TX a nice note. The card had a nice array of wildflowers on it. This is what it sounded like.

Dear Nice Samsung Employee,

I really really hope you can get the phone number and files out of my phone. It contains a lot of special things and I am hoping you can do it. Thanks so much for doing it or at least trying.

John 1:1.
thanks,
Justin Tanner


I also inserted some $$$$$ into it. I hear that helps move things along in this world. I will let you know how this works for me in 7-14 days.

On another note, I did take some spare time during the weekend to visit my movie star friend Jonathan Dickson in New York City. I hit the train from Stamford, CT to New York, then the subway straight to Times Square. We toured around, saw the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, China Town, Little Italy, and random other sites. We hit up the movies, "The Orphanage", then went to eat some bbq and sing-a-long at Brother Jimmy's. I was quite surprised how good it was.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Verizon backs up your numbers to their network for FREE, so get your FACTS together before making a comparison to your sorry AT&T network that changes names every 3 years.
So get on the ball and switch so we can talk for free.

Casey said...

I must agree that Verizon is the way to go. Everybody's doing it!!!!