Wednesday, July 25, 2007

An interesting day

Today was another wide open day in Houston.  My morning started out in the ghetto, again.  I was working in an area that the police enjoy hanging out around.  One stepped up to my car and asked if I knew any martial arts.  I explained to him that I knew how to pull a trigger instead, he laughed.  A word of advice.

Dear Avis Rent a Car,

I have appreciated your service and your appreciation of my business.  Yes I have been renting from you for going on 3 months straight.  Yes, I know you love me.  Oh yeah, I do appreciate you upgrading me to the Saturn Vue this time.  Yes I noticed the big sticker in the car "YOU'VE BEEN UPGRADED."  I do have to say though, Avis, it is not good for you to give me a Saturn Vue to be driving around in the Ghetto.  I usually either drive a Jeep Liberty, Chevy Suburban, etc, but the Vue is just not going to cut it around the drug dealers.  OH and another note, could you please buy car in some other color than WHITE>  I am sticking out like a sore thumb.   Oh, and could I get bullet proof glass next time? Thanks.

Love,
JT

Okay so back to the policeman.  Apparently they had a big bust yesterday because there were undercover guys all around me wearing bullet proof vests and laughing at me for being out there.  I just kept pointing to my side like I was some cowboy in the Wild West.  They laugh. 

Later in the day I met a black woman who was very nice.  We talked for a few minutes about the problems of racism in our country and we talked about what it is going to take to get rid of it, or at least a lot of it.  She was really nice and I was glad to speak with her.  I felt like Jesse Jackson for a moment.  Well except, Okay, not Jesse Jackson. 

Later I met a few cops who shared with me all of the bad things that go on in the neighborhood.  (Keep in mind I have been there for almost 3 months).  1 hour before this, I saw a man hanging from a 2nd story apartment.  I am almost positive he was breaking in.  I had to keep walking, I don't get paid to be policeman Justin. 

The day ended with a whole lot of sushi.  AND THEN, I get back to my Hampton family and they tell me I have won $50 in their drawing.  I was happy :)

Now I am finishing up some work and searching Google News to see if I was on the news today.  There were choppers flying all over my head. 

Back at it tomorrow.

No comments: