Friday, March 16, 2007

The Lord teaches me patience

So lately I have been learning patience through slow talkers.  I'm not talking about anyone being handicapped, I'm just talking about people who say 3 words and think 30 seconds before saying 3 more words.  In my job lately, I don't have enough time in the day to get what I need done.  So it is important that I manage slow talkers.   I sit here and literally finish their sentences in my head before they even get them out.  I really just want to do the "stand-up."  This is when you stand up in your office so that the "invader" knows to leave and it basically cuts them short.  This works great when people go on and on about their dog, child, or just silly stuff that you don't have time to talk about.  So now I just do an internal smile and wait for the slow talkers to finish.  It's so fun working in corporate america :)

Oh watch out, here comes a slow talker now, I must sneak out like a S.E.A.L!


No comments: