Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dear Ebay User

Dear Ebay User,

I am genuinely concerned about your knowledge of how eBay works.  EBay is an auction based internet site that allows anyone with a computer and an Internet connection to sell things on the Internet.  It opens you up to a world of people willing to buy your "stuff."  I have purchased on eBay and had a great experience.  I've sold items on eBay as well as traveled long distances to buy items.  I am writing to you now because I am concerned about the way you bid.  If an item has 5 days before the auction ends AND it is an item that you are interested in buying, please place the item on your "WATCH" list.  This will keep a marker for you and emails will keep you updated on how many days are left in the auction.  This will give you a chance to evaluate whether or not this is the right purchase for you.  #1 rule of ebay is to NEVER place a bid until there are just a few minutes left in the auction.  I normally don't like to bid unless there is about 2 minutes left in the auction.  If you bid with 4-5 days left in an auction, you basically drive the price up for yourself and others who might end up buying the item. 

I hope you have a great day :)

From,
Concerned Ebay Buyer who wants to buy something but people keep placing bids with days left in the auction!

JT

No comments: