Sunday, March 25, 2007

Hair Loss, Color Change, and Fighting Fat


So I celebrated yet another year of being alive and turned the ripe nice age of 27. It never ceases to amaze me how fast the years fly. I feel like just yesterday I was jumping on an old dirtbike my dad went and bought me when I was maybe 13. Now I think back and that was almost 14 years ago! Props to my many friends who called and sent me nice text messages. Major props to my mommy who sent me a goody basket filled with some of the best brownies I have had. It was filled with a wind chime which I have already hung and another sign that you are old when you super enjoy getting a wind chime for your birthday. It was also filled with some healthy and some not-so-healthy snacks! I love my mommy.

It's amazing the times you realize how important time is.

1. On the way to the airport as you are fighting traffic.
2. After you have went the 2nd round at the carwash and have no more quarters.
3. When you find Jesus at 65 and think back on the time you missed in this life.
4. At the Zaxby's drive-through at 10:01.
5. When a friend passes away.

I really am trying to focus on the NOW of my life and stop thinking about the future. I struggle so much with that, it makes me miss the big and small opportunities. I want to have fun in this life and run a strong race that Jesus can be proud of. I want to recline at His table in glory and not feel like I wasted it. I've noticed in my nice age of 27 that I don't have time for people to complain, so I will complain about them. :) I haven't encouraged other people as much as God has encouraged me. I haven't given as much as God has given me.

I'm off for another week on the road. I'm going to be working in an area where reportedly there were 6 people shot in the same week. This is encouraging. You can say a prayer that I don't get hit by a drive-by in Houston, I'm not joking by the way. The last time I was there, I was cussed out just by standing with my computer in my hand. If you are my friend, I love you, if you aren't, I love you too.

No comments: