Saturday, March 22, 2008

What a blessing

I never really thank God for allowing me to be born into this country. What a blessing we have, to live in a country like the United States that is free and open.

Today is Good Friday, thank-you Jesus for dying on a jagged and rugged cross to pave a way for our sins to be forgiven. Thank-you for forgiving us.

Lately, I have learned that when you get away from your day-to-day, you do start to see things differently. I see my friends differently. I miss them. I miss my family, I think about my lil sister and all the games I've missed because I live on the other side of the state. People are a blessing to us, we should treat them as so.

I want my life to be counted as a blessing to people. I want to give more than just money away, I want to give my time and attention as well.

A man that was sitting beside me on the plane today was a blessing to me, I hope I was to him. We slept for the first 30 minutes, then woke up, and had an interesting conversation that spanned from Obama, Clinton, and spun back around to Jesus. It was a blessing to spend my time on a plane talking to a man that was 75 years old. I initially wanted to sleep, but I'm glad I woke up and spent the time. God has many blessings for us, they aren't always in the form of a $check$.

No comments: