Monday, November 22, 2004

What did you do?

It seems like the further along in your walk you go, the more you are humbled and realize that there is so much that we do not know. We must rely on Him for everything. Death is not something that many people enjoy discussing. Neither do I. It's not a very happy thing to think about and I don't know of many people who just want to die. Our life is precious, so precious. We wear seatbelts, we have flotations devices under our seats in a plane. In the small percentage chance that if the plane crashes in water and we live through it, we still can have a chance to live. We humans love our lives! We will protect our lives and the lives of our loved ones at all cost. 10 out of 10 people die. It's a fact. It's a very sobering thought for me to think that one day I will become old, if the Lord allows, and I will eventually die. On that day, what will my life have counted for? Who will have benefited from it? Will it just be about plaques on a wall? Will it be how many degrees I obtained? Will it be about how much my salary was raised to? Will it be about how nice my houses were? My cars?

We take out insurance on most of those things because they temporary. They can be destroyed. There is something deep inside of who I am that says my life will not be counted for all those things. The thought of living a mundane and routine life is not appealing to me. Lord do what you want. Imagine, you are 65 years old and retiring from whatever profession you have chosen for your life. Step outside of yourself and look at what you think your life might look like at that point. What do you see? Does that life count for something eternal? Are you apart of many peoples' testimonies? If God hasn't been glorified in that, you've missed an abundant life.
We have it so good as Christians. We've got the Atlas of eternity that plans everything out for all the world to see. What are you seeing?

Time is short, people need Him, we need to tell them.

Live the biggest life you can live.

No comments: