Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Yeah I'm on the road

I realized today that I blog a lot more when I am traveling. I have learned in the past 5 years that we are designed for people. In the last year, I've realized even more how much I need community and how everyone needs community. I enjoy traveling and I really don't mind eating by myself, but there are a lot of times, you really just want to talk about something. You eat something really really good, like a spinach and Gorgonzola salad that is the best you've ever had, and the first thing I want to do is talk about it. You see someone picking their nose in the car, you want to talk about it. It's been amazing in the last few days how much the Lord has humbled my heart. Anytime He deals with me, He really deals with me and it can be so good and so tough sometimes. It's neat that the God of the universe has a personal relationship with punks like us. He knows the amount of hair on a yachts back in Egypt and He knows each one of our hearts, the good and the bad. Have you ever had something happen that you really know that you need to journal it down because one day, you will need to read it again. Sometimes I feel like God does things in my life and I just forget, it seems to be a common theme in the Bible. I'll part the sea for you, I'll set you free, and the next thing you know, people are complaining to the one who saved them.

God reminded me today of how quick this life is and how we can't take ourselves too serious. He has the most amazing ways of humbling His people.

Excited to get on a plane tomorrow and head back to Diego City. I wish there was a big motorcycle waiting on me, I would drive drive drive drive.

No comments: