Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Choices always

Urban dictionary is generally where you go when you are listening to the rap music and something doesn't make sense. Urban Dictionary is your guide to everything you DO NOT need to know, generally. I heard about a friend of mine back in SC that just broke up with someone. I really thought they were doing well and all was a go. I don't know the details, but just that it ended.

What was the deal breaker? Urban Dictionary defines it this way:


A deal breaker is ‘the catch’ that a particular individual cannot overlook and ultimately outweighs any redeeming quality the individual may possess.

Very interesting way to put it, but in the reality of things, it is true. Dating is so much about getting to know people, getting to know yourself, and just apart of life. We have to make so many choices in this life, where to work, where to live, who to marry, or who will marry us :) I'm getting older and the older I get, I am finding myself leaning so much more to the sovereignty of God in our lives. I can still maintain freedom, but all and all, I trust He is working things out up there that I don't have a clue about at this moment. I would have laughed a year ago if you would have said, "you will be living in San Diego this time next year." I couldn't have planned this. The blessings that have come in the past few months have been unreal and not like anything I could have dreamed up. I guess I'm just kinda excited about what is going to happen in the next few years. I keep doing my thing, thinking this next big thing is going to happen and God is going to direct me exactly where He wants me and have me do what He wants me to do. I keep doing my day to day thing like everyone, enjoying life, eating too much, and right now listening to Coldplay's newest album which you should pick up.

I've learned over the past few weeks that I really suck at encouraging. If you have ever been around someone who has this gift, it is a blessing. I don't think I have it, but I could try a lot harder than I do. I hear people talk about not having the gift of evangelism, who cares, my boy Rob Dyrdek didn't just jump on a skateboard, he had to practice.

This week I am rolling in a fun car. See below:

No comments: