Saturday, February 23, 2008

A Personal God

So as I have stated, it is official, I am moving to San Diego. This is still a little surreal to me and nothing that I ever would have really planned. The neat thing is, God has always dealt with me in this really cool way. Any huge decision I have had to make, He always encourages me into it and just makes it so clear for me to know which way to go. You still 2nd guess a little because we lack so much faith, but then He always gives me this huge confirmation after the decisions are made, YES Justin, this is what I want for you, and I'll keep sending you things over and over to make sure you know. I really trust that when the time comes for me to spend some money on a rock and commit to one girl, it's going to be much the same way. Sure, Mary Addison will be in college, but you can still hope.

I started working my butt off this week, and put a lot of hours in. There is no such thing as a free lunch. I am going to be working so much out here, and I know that going into it. I have already had so many things just confirm that this is where God wants me to be. This is one of the biggest blessings I have ever gotten. It is definitely on the top 5. I sat down at dinner the other night with Tavaras and we prayed and for once in a LONG time, I think my prayer actually meant something to me. I thanked God for food, and for having good friends, and just His blessings. I think when God interacts with you and you know He is a personal God, it humbles you and you understand what a blessing we really have in Jesus, and our freedom etc. Everyday this week, I would find out just one more thing that would confirm the reason I am going so far across the country, completely on the other side of the US from my family and friends. God has something for me here, and He did a lot to get me here. I seriously could never have guessed in a million years that I would be in this place right now.

I am staying over this weekend to try and scope out some places to live. I never thought I would be thinking, "where should I live? ...on the beach....downtown....or maybe a little ways out..."...it's so crazy to drive around San Diego and really realize that I am moving. Tavaras and I took off from San Diego on Friday night to head up to LA to meet some of my college friends, Samantha Hoit, Ashlyn Bishop, Brandi Roe, and hopefully Brian Fellers if I can find him. We spent the day hiking Runyon Canyon. Talk about awesome! I did also confirm that brother do hike, T-Brock was seen there. We then set off to eat some good sushi down in Santa Monica with Samantha and Liz Lewis, another friend from college. Very good. Now T-Brock and I just checked into the hotel just north of LA and are going to meet the crew for some Tapas tonight in LA. We will head back down to San Diego tomorrow to scope out some more places to live.

I think I am only slightly beginning to understand what a blessing is and that we have it made as followers of Jesus, we have the God of the Universe who individually cares about us. Universe (One Spoken Sentence) Uni=one. Verse=spoken sentence. Pretty sweet.






Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

GE is me said...

Justin, so God has to smack you upside the head with a 2x4 too, huh?! Who knows maybe he took you to CA to find a bride?! Hope you enjoyed the sushi & best of luck with the new job & the move.
-Gail