Friday, November 16, 2007

Red-Eye strikes again

I chose to fly a red-eye Thursday night back home because I kinda wanted to get back and take a long nap before festivities of the weekend started.  I have to admit that red-eyes are not my favorite anymore, well probably never were.  I had a particularly bad attitude for a few moments last night.  I had to choose an airline that I do NOT like to fly and one that I do NOT have frequent flyer status on, I will tell you that it sounds much like US SCARE :) 

They did not have enough room for my pack, so I had to stuff it under my seat.  This doesn't work when you are over 6' tall and especially doesn't work when you are in the middle seat.  I really didn't think I was going to be able to make it.  I get very claustrophobic and I felt like I wanted to crawl out my skin.  The guy beside me had the arm rest up and half his belly was hanging in my seat, not to mention his hand was chillin on my arm.  I slowly tried to push the arm rest down while he was sleeping.  Time-out, this woman beside me as I'm typing in the airport, just stood up right beside me, said to her 5 year-old son "mama's underwear is showing." She then goes to straighten herself out.  So back to the sleeping giant beside me.  I know people come in all different shapes and sizes and I probably shouldn't be complaining but it seriously about drove me nuts that he was all in my space and sleeping like a rock.  I kept telling myself that he probably had some medical condition that made him spill over into my seat and this is the only thing that made me feel better about being mad at him.  I sound like a 5 year-old.  I did eventually knock out for almost the entire flight so it worked out. 

On a happier and less-complaining note, it was a good few days in San Diego and the weather was quite awesome. 

Well I am sitting in Charlotte airport and they have a JAMBA JUICE now.  You should try it next time you see one, all natural, so GOOD. 


No comments: