Friday, December 15, 2006

this crazy life

So I never thought I would pack a bag a day before a unscheduled trip only to get back to unpack dirty clothes, try to find clean clothes, and pack for another unscheduled trip. I thought was going to California this week, I was told on Monday that I would be going to Houston. I spent this past week in Houston and got home late tonight and just got settled in. I leave for work tomorrow morning, then to West Virginia to ski, then back Sunday night. Sleep at my buddy Ed and Julie's and then head out to LA for another week at 6AM Monday. It's crazy when you look back a few years and your thoughts then about what you would be doing now. I never would have thought I would be where I am and doing what I am doing. I know the Lord is preparing something for my future. It seems like in these times I just imagine what it would have been like for Jesus to swing a hammer and miss a nail and hit his finger. He was familiar with us. He was one of us. I wonder when He was swinging the hammer, how often He was thinking of what the next few years would hold in his ministry. He was probably around my age and probably started his ministry around the age of 30. These thoughts keep me entertained. I am taking this time to learn about life, people, and food. I am such a pig, all I do is eat. I woke up this morning, put on a brand new pair of slacks and in the buttoning process, wondered how the button was going to get into the hole. Don't act like you haven't been there.

Also, a close friend of mine got married a few weeks ago. I didn't really go into great detail in talking about their wedding, but it was awesome. I just love the rehearsal dinner. I kinda feel girly because I really do look forward to someday being around my closest friends in a setting like that. Here is a clip from my toast. Not the burned bread, but the wedding rehearsal dinner :)

No comments: