Monday, September 06, 2004

More than Zaxby's

Well it's definitely 4AM in the morning and I'm wide awake. I think it must have been caused by the nap that occured between the hours of 5-10, but that's only a guess. It's been such a long time since I blogged and this crazy thing has been having a few issues, crazy thing - the blog, well and me, occasionally.

To get back to Zaxbys. What a great place and great invention. I'm their biggest fan and if I keep eating there, I will be literally. I took a break from zaxby's for about a month now, only eating there maybe once every two weeks. How I miss it!!!! After a Clemson victory, there is no greater choice than Zaxbys, well under $10 that is. So we went, a closet cusser and I, haha. I'll save that for another blog. You know there is more to Zaxby's than food. There are people there. We got to meet the manager of Zaxby's in Easley the other night, what a nice man. We probably talked for at least 15 minutes about all sorts of different things, mainly food and chick fil a :) To be honest, I really wanted to witness to this man, but wasn't sure if my motivation was pure or not. We did get to talk to him for a short time about his church and where it is located. DACUSVILLE! What a place. I came home and was reminded of a verse in Phillipians that Paul said, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. But that's another blog. So back to Zaxby's. There are so many things in this life that God has given us, good things! Like class in college. Class is more than learning. The most important thing in the class is probably the person sitting beside you and whether or not they know Christ. I don't hold the card on any of this and had my struggles, but it is. Class is important, learning is important, but forming relationships with people and making Christ known is supreme.

There is so much more to this life than 2 chapters a day out of my Bible. Why have I come to settle for that, if that. I think we sell out a lot in Christianity and settle. My definition of "settle"= to know something big and settle for something small. We know Christ, we know His life and we settle for only a part of it. We don't really believe that the same power that rose Christ from the dead is in us. Do we really believe that? We have settled for something far less than that. Our churches have no power anymore, most believers feel like they have to be a secret agent and only whisper about Christianity. We do not need secret agents in this faith. I'm tired of settling for mediocre things. I wish I could get up early in the morning and focus on God. I want that.

Sometimes we have to make decisions that are not what we want. Did God ever 2nd guess sending Christ, I think not. He was delighted to crush Him for the greater good of humanity. Now I have to be honest here, I cannot wrap my mind around that, but I will die trying.

How random is this and sorry for the seriousness, very different from the usual, so I'll end with this. I realized something. Who is Laura Lynn? I mean this woman is all over my house. I realized the other day that the toilet paper I use has her name on it. I mean, this woman, who is she and how did Ingles adopt her? I think I should research, maybe she is the sister of "walter" at Bilo. Walter was really good in the produce section, so the commercial says. I like commercials, some of them, depends on what's on and what's coming up next.

No comments: