Friday, September 10, 2004

Playin it by ear, hear

So, you want to learn some patience. Well there are lots of ways to learn patience. I have learned a lot by learning guitar. Guitar is a unique instrument. At first glance, you look at all the strings and think, now my fingers go where!?!?!?! Eventually you just pick it up and learn as you go. Now I'm the least talented musically minded person you will ever find, but I'm trying. I really want to stress trying. I watch, Ryan, the guy that teaches me, and it is so easy. It comes natural to him. I surely can't play by ear, but I sure can practice a lot, I do know that.

It seems that in Christianity, we have lost our ability to hear from God and rest in Him for all things. The smallest pothole comes into our life and most christians freak out and make a huge deal out of nothing. Reading the Word and following the life of Christ and the disciples/apostles, one thing is clear. They usually didn't know what the next day was going to hold. I find peace in that. These men had no clue where the next meal would come from, where the next shelter would be, or who the next beating might come from. I like the part in Acts where Paul gets bit by a poisonous snake. Chillin out by the fire, the snake snaps at him. Does he pray about the bite? Nope. Does he complain about the bite, nope. He just shakes it into the fire, how symbolic. Most of our life seems to take place in a blackroom, waiting to be developed.

One time I heard someone say, "Wake up everyday and have on your heart do what the Word says, and you have no choice but to be in His will." I really like that simple statement. The Word has revealed a huge part of God to us. We have it really good. Personally, I have some big decisions in my own life with my future and ministry, work, and etc. I'm glad that it's not about me. Sometimes I fight and struggle on that one. There always seem to be a lot on our plate. I like what a preacher I luv says...."Swallow the meat, spit out the bones." Who needs bones anyway. I don't like when u are eating chicken and get the small bone in your mouth, how inconvenient. Especially when you don't know what to do with it. I've come up with some really interesting ways. I think i just told about 4 stories that made no correlation, but it's my blog and I can do what I want. Somewhere in the definition of "blog" has to be, random. I also like the gas pumps that have card readers where you can put your card in any direction and it will still read it. Yes, I have struggled with them. I also like going to the ATM and getting all the directions in spanish. It's fun and makes you really excited when money actually comes out. I didn't know it was going to be mexican money though.


1 comment:

Jess said...

I came across this and it made me think about how you said that "most of life takes place in a blackroom, waiting to be devleoped"... it is from Streams in the Desert

"Waiting upon God is vital in order to see Him and receive a vision from Him. And the amount of time spent before Him is also critical, for our hearts are like a photographers film- the longer exposed, the deeper the impression. For God's vision to be impressed on our hearts, we must sit in stillness at His feet for quite a long time. Remember, the troubled surface of a lake will not reflect an image."

i just thought it was a cool thought. :)