Saturday, March 14, 2009

Work is good for ya

Please watch this video from Mike Rowe of my favorite tv show, Dirty Jobs. It is pretty neat the perspective he has on working and I found myself thinking a lot about that over the last few weeks. It's easy to get wrapped up in your job and to see everything through one lens and go with the status quo.

I realize that I am probably in the craziest job in the world right now, our company is about to start a deployment of 1.4 million devices and I will be responsible for technically managing the problems that arise with them. What? The thought of that is absolutely crazy but I really do like challenges.

Back to Mike Rowe, he spends a lot of time in the talk speaking on how normal everyday joe's really like their jobs. How they are some of the happiest people in the world. He talks about how the guy who picks up "road kill" actually whistles while he does it. I am not trying to be over dramatic, but it reminded me of Foxes Book of Martyrs and the number of Christians that it documents. People that are literally being persecuted by hot coals or burned, but yet sing praise songs until they are killed. That was totally a tangent.

On another note, I start P90x this week. My boy Jgreezy already got ripped up and lost 10 lbs in a month. This is going to be rough!

No comments: