Sunday, March 01, 2009

Just Tired and my girlfriend is hot

You know it is a crazy world when I don't even blog. I just finished my first year in San Diego and it has been awesome. It has definitely kicked my butt in no other way I have ever been kicked. The workload is more than I could have ever imagined, but I am also willing to sacrifice a lot for a few years to make the rest after this job a little easier. We'll see. I should be more of a blogger soon :)

On another note, my Christmas present from my little girlfriend was a song she wrote for me. You shall see her on American Idol soon.

5 comments:

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

so so so sweet!

erin said...

looks like you have been blessed there too dear old friend. i think you should post the words...cause i had a hard time hearing some of it..and i would love to know exactly what this lovely lady wrote about mr. tanner:) i miss you too and hope that all is well.

geisme said...

I agree with Erin. I hadn't had a chance until now to watch/listen to it. Noticed on IM that you were looking for a new place to live- what's up w/that? Lease up?

Unknown said...

Here you go as requested. And I apologize for the out-of-tune piano. :)

One Day at a Time
by Abigail Reimer

Just the other day
I was tellin' a good friend
That I did not want the Lord
To send a man cuz I was content
And I was serious, oh so serious

But it was not long before
We were playing Connect Four
Had a long talk and you said
That you were quite interested
And you were serious, oh so serious
(Let's take it)

One day at a time
One day at a time
I think we'll be fine
if we just take it
One day at a time
One day at a time

For the first time in my life
Sharing my heart feels so right
And I do look forward to
How my future might unfold with you
And I am serious, oh so serious

If this isn't for forever
I want you to know
That more than anything
I want you to grow
in Jesus

Baby, forgive me if this feels too slow
I'm just scared of where this could go
One day at a time

erin said...

so precious. thanks for posting the lyrics. abby i think you did a great job! and i am so thankful that mr. tanner has met you.