Sunday, February 18, 2007

Filled Sunday

Today was a very good day.  We did our first skit this morning in church.  We are going through James and as Ken was preaching through James 2 and James is talking about people that need clothes and food, and us sending those people along their way without giving them anything.  So in the middle of his sermon, I walk through Tillman in shorts and old t-shirt and pretend like I'm a homeless person.  It was a fun skit and I think half the people thought I was some random person who was filled with the spirit and didn't know it was part of the skit.  It's going to be fun to start doing fun videos and skits.

In other news, I came home, read a little while and took a great Sunday nap.  I woke up and went to speak to our youth group.  I didn't know we had such a large group, it was fun and they were a great group of kids.  I left there and came home to a house full of people from my small group.  The fact that my whole day was spent doing "church" is quite a testimony of the Lord and I never thought I would be this involved in a church.  It feels good to be planted finally and have a church that I can call my own. 

With all of that being said, I have felt very uneasy lately about different aspects of my future.  I believe the Lord and what He can do and if you know me, I don't worry about much of anything.  Have you ever made a decision and just really wondered later..."Now was that really the right thing to do?" and "Lord, are you sure this is what you want?"  It's like during these times I guess that you learn to depend on the Lord even more.  I just want to be where He wants me, but sometimes I think I fear that it might not be exactly where I want to be.  It seems that is a huge part of many Christian testimonies..."boy I never thought the Lord would take me here, it was the one place we said we would never want to do." 

Also, I just finished reading Mark Driscoll's book "Confessions of a Reformission Rev: "Hard Lessons from an Emerging Missional Church."  Pretty awesome book.  Pick it up if you don't already have 50 books on your shelf that you need to read. 

No comments: