Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Gone

Like many things that fulfill us for a short time in this life. My Wrangler is gone. I watched her drive away last night about 10:30. Oh the memories of mountains, beaches, long highways with no end. I drove her all the way back from Omaha, Nebraska and talked 10 hours on the phone. I slept in that car, ate in that car, and occasionally let girls ride in that ride. She took me 75,000 glorious miles and she will be remembered as faithful. Cleaning out the car was not so fun either. I found so many random notes and cds. Some were easy to throw away. Some not so easy. I don't remember ever making out in that car, maybe that's a good thing. In high school, you rated your car on how many times you made out in it. Wow. The ol Fiero was a good car. The wrangler was a pure car. She may get replaced this summer with another one!

For now, you can look for me buzzing by in a helmet, gloves, and motorcycle.

Ride on!

No regrets!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Good stuff. Man, I wish I had a pure car.

Laura said...

Riding is fun! Just hope it doesn't rain, or you don't get hit by a huge bug in your throat... that hurts!

erin said...

All my cars have been pure, of course when I went out with a boy I wasn't the one driving....
Yall have made out in your cars? I did not know such things went on:)

Ed said...

Why are footprints so hard to clean off of windshields?